Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter Sunday
We had a great Easter.  The kids have been relatively healthy since we got back from Lisbon (miracle).  We enjoyed a four day weekend since Erik gets good Friday off as well as the Monday after Easter.  We talked about going somewhere but since we just got back from Portugal we decided to enjoy some family time close to home.  The weather was less than cooperative.  Luckily Easter Sunday was beautiful and we went to a nearby flower park to stroll among the trees and enjoy some beautiful flowers.

Miles and Ali painting
The week started with some coloring of eggs at our Monday morning playgroup.  I was impressed that even Miles got into the act and bellied up to the table to color/paint his own Easter eggs.  I brought the vinegar but forgot the Paas that my mom had sent.  The other moms thought I was crazy with the vinegar as they just use this colored gel mixed in hot water.  The funny thing here is you can buy colored eggs at any time at the grocery store but they do have quite the amazing variety during Easter - that along with all the chocolate in the aisles.   Later that same Monday we enjoyed a lovely picnic with friends.  The middle of the week was uneventful as the weather turned a bit cold and rainy.  We were invited over to friends house for Good Friday.  The kids enjoyed playing together and we enjoyed the adult conversation and good food.

Two Easter baskets - $20
Saturday was a bit rainy and overcast and I needed to get some things down around the house. Erik gladly took the kids to Aarau for a couple of hours.  Unfortunately I ended up driving all over town looking for two Easter baskets as I remembered at the last minute that Ali ruined hers last year in the UK dragging it all over Bodium Castle.  Come to find out traditional/American Easter baskets are a bit hard to find here.  I ended up spending 20 francs on two small baskets with no handle even. Plus I got nothing done at the house that I had hoped to. Oh how I miss Target sometimes.
Flower park on Easter



Easter Sunday was beautiful and we spent it at a local flower park/nature area.  The kids enjoyed running around and looking at the frogs.  We even got to observe some tiny tadpoles. Later after we got home Erik hid some eggs in the garden for the kids to find.  All in all, an enjoyable holiday.



Showing off their eggs

Dipping eggs

Easter bunny goodies

Kids








Checking out the tadpoles

Egg hunting in the garden

Ali trying out daddy's camera

Close up


Sandbox fun

Picnic with good friends and good food



Sherpa Erik


No comments:

Post a Comment

2018 in Review

Wow another year went by and I pretty much stunk at keeping this blogging thing going.  Sorry about that.  Thank goodness for Facebook I gue...