Sunday, March 30, 2014

February 2014 - Where did the month go?!

We arrived back from the U.S. on February 1st and for what seemed like and felt like most of the month we all had various colds and illnesses.  The kids had caught really bad chest colds in Jupiter right before we headed home that managed to stay with them for several weeks.  I then caught it but it ended up being the most horrendous head cold ever.  Anyway long story short February was not our best month health wise (As I write this March wasn't much better).  We did manage to get out and do a few fun things though when we weren't sick.  We've been blessed with an extremely mild winter this year.  With lots of sunny days and temperatures in the 50's and 60's.  And although we missed out on some fun in the snow and sledding adventures, I'm not complaining (but Erik is a little bit).


We visited Murimoos a couple of times as it's close by, has a great playground and we get to walk around and see lots of animals. They also have great coffee.  We did the Zurich Zoo one warm day while Erik was out of town.  The kids and I took the train and the tram which Miles loves in and of itself.  But it is much harder to do things on my own and I don't get very many pictures that way.

Ball pit
Our town had its first Fasnacht parade at the end of the month.  Ali dressed up in a patriotic-red, white and blue outfit but wasn't too sure about the crowd. Ali and part of Erik even made the local paper.

We found a new indoor play area similar to Monkey Joes in the states but in my opinion much better.  They have inflatables and toys for all ages.  Miles loved the ball pit and jumped right in although the balls were over his head sometimes.  The kids had a blast - just hoping it doesn't have the same problems as the one in the states.
Mainau

We took a family trip to Mainau on a warm February day.  It is just over the border in Germany and really is one of our favorite places even when the flowers aren't in bloom. The kids enjoy the playground and we even got into town this time for some nightlife and dinner.





Love that smile

Chocolate covered strawberries on Valentines Day


New playground? in our hood

Silly kids



New jumpy place aka Purple Frog
Miles in the ball pit




English story time

Konstanz

Sweet sibling moment on train to Zurich



Trying on their costumes for Fasnacht





Evening fasnacht festivities - nice costumes

1 comment:

  1. Great Fasnacht pictures (except the newspaper one, can you believe they decapitated your hubs?)
    Wow, purple frog! I think I saw an ad when they opened last year - and then forgot about it!
    Glad to hear you have overcome all the nasty bugs by now!

    ReplyDelete

2018 in Review

Wow another year went by and I pretty much stunk at keeping this blogging thing going.  Sorry about that.  Thank goodness for Facebook I gue...