Wednesday, April 30, 2014

March 2014 Recap

Saying goodbye to Daddy
Quick recap of March here.  Basically we have had a really mild winter.  It's been much more like spring and I'm not complaining.  Days and days of sunshine - and I'm talking all day sunshine with highs in the 60's. Unfortunately we were also sick - again. Erik spent a week in Australia in early March and either came back with a bug or caught it once home. But for the first time ever, Erik missed two days of work due to illness.  And he probably would've missed more but after two days of being bed ridden he hobbled back to work - not sure if it was the kids or the work piling up that drove him back before he was ready.  It took him a long time to get well.  The kids and I caught various forms of it also.  It wasn't much fun.

Now sure who is having more fun
Since most of March was spent fighting illnesses, I'll just do a quick recap of what else we managed to do.  We went to the zoo - two zoos actually - Knie Kinder zoo, just the kids and I, while Erik was away and the Basel zoo, where we met up with several friends.  We celebrated a dear friends 4th birthday, princess style.  We had play-dates when we weren't sick.

Erik was actually a bit sad that it warm up so quickly (I was not). So one Sunday we had to find snow.  And that we did.  Everyone had fun playing it, even me.

Sledding aka sledging

Miles like the snow



We forgot her coat, the one she gets to wear twice a year


Princess birthday party

Enjoying the nice weather

Miles at the petting zoo

Big deal - Ali went down the tube slide (she hates enclosed slides)
Getting up close & personal with the camels

Jumpy place which may be the source of our illness

More fun

sandbox time

They could be sisters

Fun with our Basel friends

Playground fun

Bike ride on clear day

Can't complain


Sure sign of warm weather - sand box time

Checking out the baby elephant

Watching the hippos

Hitting the espresso a bit early

Ali the tree climber



No comments:

Post a Comment

2018 in Review

Wow another year went by and I pretty much stunk at keeping this blogging thing going.  Sorry about that.  Thank goodness for Facebook I gue...