There was something about this trip that was a bit unsettling and not just the 40 degree weather. We were going non-stop the entire time. For what seemed like 4 out of the 5 weeks we were double and triple booking friends and family every day to try and see everyone as much as could. It was a bit exhausting and less than relaxing. Not a bad problem to have but still a problem. We are so fortunate that we still have a good majority of our family in the area as well as many dear friends. But it is a mixed blessing since we only get home once a year - we feel pressured to spend our entire vacation running around trying to see everyone. It was tiring and I will be the first to admit our kids are amazing. I dragged them around to so many different places to see so many different people and they were golden. We are so blessed that they are so adaptable and such good travelers. But next year we may have to rethink how we do Orlando again. Maybe rent a place closer to the beach, so we are forced to relax a bit. Those who want to visit can come see us on the coast. And I'd like it to be a bit warmer next year. Notice in the picture slide show we are pretty much in jackets for a large majority of the time. Yep we had to go and buy winter clothes for all of us while we were there - unacceptable.
I have lots of people to thank for making our trip so enjoyable.
Grace and John for hosting us for the first week, picking us up at the airport, opening their home for a gathering, keeping the Christmas trees up for a bit longer so we could enjoy the holidays, babysitting (on New Years Eve) as well as other times, dinners in with the family and a lovely dinner out with the four of us.
My mom and Mike for so much, sharing the home, helping with bedtime and breakfast time, babysitting, letting us borrow their car, taking us to the airport, meals, laughs, support, packing and repacking.
Holly and Marlon for providing us a relaxing and fun filled weekend in Jupiter, opening their beautiful home for a great party, teaching us a cool new card game and putting up with us.
Dawn and Derek - for once again hosting us for a few days at the end of our trip, we always enjoy spending crazy kid time with you and getting to the beach. Thanks for having a great get together and all the yummy meals and messes that come along with 4 kids and 3 adults under one roof
Aunts Elaine, April, Cindy, Trese and Shannon and Diane - it was so great to see all of you. Thanks for coming to spend time with the kids and I. Ali still talks about making cookies. Thanks for all the kitchen goodies.
Carla, Garrety, Aaron & Cheryl - for the fun times on the lake and that cute little one Aiden.
Aunt Kathy and Uncle Bill - for going out of their way to accommodate us toward the end of our trip, so sorry the kids were sick. Next time we will have to catch up with you when we are all well
Nicki, Rachel, Leslie and Jamie - what can I say - I just feel so happy when we are all together - so many laughs just come naturally. I loved going to church or meeting up before or afterwards. I loved that we were close enough to Leslie to just hang out many times. I love that we can pick up where we left off. I do wish we lived closer. I could use a weekly dose of friendship and laughter.
Here is a slideshow highlighting some of the good times from our trip to Florida.
http://youtu.be/s63zlu6S3EM
Busy times… As you were saying, you are lucky to have kids who just go with the flow! Your next year plan sounds good, though! Beach house and warm weather :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the slide show. Isn't it great how big Ali is, seems like she keeps up with her older cousins brilliantly! Did they have a slumber party?