Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Christmas 2012

I know I know it's been a long time and again I only have poor time management and two kids to blame.  I promise once I get caught up on the last two months I will try and post a bit more often.  For now we will be going back in time to highlight events over the last (gulp) eight weeks.  The good news is I won't be able to remember too much so the posts will probably be short on words and long on pictures.

Christmas tree
Christmas 2012.  Erik had the entire week off from work and we didn't fly out until the Friday after.  So a whole week off with nothing to do.  We took the kids to the zoo one day and then to Zurich one day to hear the singing Christmas tree. There were Christmas day activities of course as well as all the packing the following day.  I always get sentimental around the holidays (I know who doesn't) but it was a really nice calm Christmas week. I know our relatives may not be too happy to hear this but we rather enjoy our quite intimate family Christmas here.  There is just something so quaint about being here, all the traditions and interesting activities for the kids.  It doesn't seem as commercialized.  We did get quite a bit of snow in the days and weeks before Christmas but unfortunately it was all gone by Christmas week.  Oh well maybe some day us Florida folks can say we had a white Christmas.

So I figured rather than narrating all the December activities I would just fill this blog with some of my favorite pictures from that month.  Enjoy.


Alison

Looking so excited under the Swarvoski tree at Zurich Bahnhof Market



Enjoying a "dog" in Zurich

My cute boys


They look nothing alike

Enjoying solid food



Miles

Our advent wreath



Christmas morning

Ali opening presents

Miles enjoying his blocks from Grandma

At the zoo

Watching the penguins

My babywearing hubby (love him)


Waiting for the singing tree in Zurich

Love the expression on her face = Christmas morning


Poor Pooh

More Penguins

The Singing Santas in Zurich

Packing day

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking me back in time to Xmas! Shame on me, I have never heard of the singing Christmas tree in Zurich - fill me in?!
    There is still a bit of snow while writing this. Here's to spring just waiting to make an appearance. As a matter of fact in our neighborhood there are some crocus peeping out :-)

    ReplyDelete

2018 in Review

Wow another year went by and I pretty much stunk at keeping this blogging thing going.  Sorry about that.  Thank goodness for Facebook I gue...